Old School New Body Review
My life carrying the weight I had was nothing short of miserable, all that was on my mind was to try my best to cut down on fat , striving to religiously follow a nutrition and exercise plan but never being able to actually stick to any one of these. It is so hard to come to terms with adapting to a new lifestyle altogether and changing my whole perspective from being lazy to being pumped with energy and not going back to what I was before. Since there are so many exercise and nutrition routines on the web, it can sometimes become confusing as to what is actually the right one for me.
Being a hefty 280ish lbs and trying to bring that down is no joke. It is probably one the hardest things I have ever had to more like feeling helpless and just let down by myself. I felt as if my freedom will be taken away, the freedom to eat and drink what I want when I want it, enjoying a multitude of favorite snacks with my favorite movie. Deciding to change my lifestyle meant that I would have to let go of this freedom and get down to a life of discipline till I adapt myself to it. This would mean keeping snacks with my favorite shows but also making sure that these are healthy those that hold nutritional value which play a vital role in the well being of my body and mental health. It is all about getting one’s mind around this which is indeed difficult but is a choice towards long term health. To motivate myself I kept in mind a new image of myself, fit, strong and healthy along with being super energetic. This is mostly what I needed a constant reminder to myself against all the times I had been feeling low about my weight and issues related to it.
- Depression, low self-esteem remained consistent realizations and feeling of being even more weak in will, unsuccessful, unintelligent and a lack of self-discipline.
- Along with this I also remained a victim of the effects of being overweight on my health with having sleep apnea, chronic fatigue, severe swelling of feet and ankles and severe pain in the lower back.
- It was not easy hearing close family and relatives nag about how I ‘can do it if I want to’. I had to accept at all costs that there will be hardships, but these have to be overcome. For me to lose the weight I had to adopt a change that I could do for the rest of my life and feel comfortable with. I got rid of refined sugar from my diet and replaced it with whole grains and fruit.
- After three weeks I no longer craved sugary treats, which made it a lot easier for me to lose the weight and keep it off. I never skip breakfast and eat small healthy meals and snacks throughout the day as well as drink plenty of water. When I eat something every 2½ to 3 hours, I’m always satisfied and hardly ever tempted to overeat.
After all these pressures and subsequently trying out anything and everything someone would advise me, failing mostly is important to mention, I was introduced to The Old School New Body program which claims for you to look younger than 40 in only 90 minutes a week. Now this does seem to be blown out of proportion but it is actually seriously not! To my surprise too! It is so easy to use with its very simple workouts and you can do it at home at any time you deem convenient, this is what grasped my interest even more. I just had slight difficulty in following if I took a break because it does not have video tutorials and contains some miss-spelling which may shift your focus at times but are generally not too big a set of problems than the benefit this program is bound to bring you.
Looking at how packed my routine generally is, the old school new body program is a perfect fit with my policy of having to do less work and getting out of it more results. For such benefits to be received, one really has to believe that more weight can be lost with working out less and this can be done with a prime focus on the top 20% of exercises and foods that affect your weight loss at about 80% if not more. Like I said, with all that I was struggling with emotionally, mentally and physically this made me feel more confident and comfortable in my body and feeling so much younger and indeed lighter.
- This requires you to have a very simple approach towards losing weight. This is not only just based is tried and tested scientific knowledge but also keeps in mind the regular every day person and their routine. I did not have to go through any hard exercises, or any hard meal plans, this program just lays a focus on the very basics that most people can get through in order to potentially achieve the best results. So how exactly did I go about this?
The founders and writers of this fitness program are Steve and Becky Holman where Steve is also the Editor in Chief of the Iron Man Magazine and also has over 25 years of experience in the fitness arena. Teaming up with John Rowley this program is dedicated to those who are 35 years of age or even above that and want to catch up with their level of fitness. This is not just to be considered a fat loss or a weight loss program you have to get into the mindset of living a healthier life and to build towards it as Steve has mentioned in the book. This has also proven to be effective for and laying a focus on anti-aging and feeling and looking younger. This mindset will get you through to the motivation to continue with the program till you start seeing the results.
This is basically an e book and so you do not have to go around carrying a hard copy, this was written in 2012 and both the workout exercises and the meal plans still stand relevant today. It is probably even more relevant today since it focuses of remaining simple in its strategy with accordance to the top 20% of factors which determine 80% of your weight loss. It does not push you on things like the latest trends of insanity workouts and tedious diet regimes, however, it basically relies on techniques and knowledge which was discovered by Steve in an ‘old school’ book by a Hollywood fitness trainer who was deceased. This was tried by Steve on himself who got excellent results out of it without too much effort or time consumption.
This program is very simple and easy to follow, nothing tedious to get involved with where you can get going with it in literally less than 30 minutes. Rather, for you to get started, you have to read till the second chapter which is titled ‘The F4X LEAN Workout: Your 20 minute Bellyfat Blowtorch’ and since you are already wondering, F4X stands for Focus For Exercise which is the trademark workout routine under Old School New Body.
Especially if you are a beginner with exercise or if you are returning to the gym after a long hault, this F4X program is especially made for you as it is made up of four basic exercises:
- Incline presses or flat bench presses
- Bent over rows
- Dumbbell upright rows
You are also actually recommended not to start with the full F4X LEAN workout rather you are advised to start with the cut down shorter version of the workout in so that you do not overwork yourself. This is very important since the goal can be achieved if you remain motivated.
With the F4X Lean system, you workout potentially 3 times a week, and you can do these exercise within 30 minutes. If you add this all up this comes to only about 90 minutes a week, great right! this is a much shorter time than many people who spend around 3 to 5 hours a week at an average.
What I found great about the workout can be summarized as follows:
- The chapters of the book are consistent in a way that supports your gradual progress
- The book explains the most essential exercise to do before any other exercise
- You do not have to go to the gym
Some of the drawbacks I saw with it:
- There is some space to have video tutorials along with the book
- Menu plans could have come with more examples to help those who are absolutely unfamiliar
- There are some miss-spellings in the book which can be corrected
Some things I really grasped through this book were that you need to combine anti-aging and weight loss since if you gain optimal health you can control the aging process with the right level of exercise and nutrients. So just get rid of low fat diets and don’t blame your age for this just avoid mass dehydration and work out adequately. Also, don’t run from fats but accept them and since they regenerate your power hormones whereas low fat diets can make you feel sick, and weak and this is a major misunderstanding people have about fat.
This book offered me very smart ways of exercising and keeping healthy at a very low price of just $20 for the book where this guide talks about both obesity and other age related problems, this guide also gave me a 100% money back guarantee which fortunately I did not have to claim! This guide taught me to workout shorter with targeted method movement you also get very helpful diet plans and charts, nutrition advice, motivation exercises and many other stuff which can help you lead a healthy life. On the other hand, you do not have to put in several hours at the gym in order to lose weight since with this book you get a unique, and different method of approach which gives long lasting results.