Hey there… if you came here looking for a REAL Shakeology review then you are in the right place. I have tried them all and have my preferences, but at the end of the day what I like you might hate and vice versa. So with that said you can read some info here about what Shakeology is if you have no clue at all or you can click through to each of my individual reviews of Shakeology.
Listed in order of favorite flavor
But first…. Tony Horton on Shakeology oh & Clinical Proof Below This Video!
And… Now Shakeology Is Clinically Proven!
What Will Shakeology Do For You?
- Lose weight – Replace one meal a day “calorie deficit”.
- Reduce junk food cravings – I start my day with it!
- Increase your energy and feel healthier.
- Improve your digestion and regularity.Fiber and pro/pre biotics help you “get regular” so you eliminate toxins built up in your digestive system.
Why I Drink Shakeology
The truth is you don’t care why I drink it, you care about what it will do for you. It is not a magic shake, but it is unique. If you drink your shakeology and are eating fast food and other junk then do not expect to feel much different.
If you are willing to replace one meal a day with Shakeology and cut out the other junk and even get on some sort of workout schedule you will lose weight and feel better.
Simply swapping out one meal a day will help you lose weight as well since you will most likely be in a calorie deficit.
What Is A Calorie Deficit?
- At the end of the day losing or gaining weight is simple math. It all comes down to calorie deficit. This is why programs like weight watchers and other point type systems work. If you can keep your calories at a certain number and create the “deficit” you will lose weight.
- So for example if you burn 2,000 calories a day and only eat 1,500 calories you have created a deficit of 500 calories. This deficit causes your body to use non-food sources for energy like body fat which creates weight loss. Ta da!
- You may have heard that 3,500 calories is equal to about a pound of fat. Some agree, some disagree. I think it is a good ballpark to work with and if you look at that number then you would need a 500 calorie deficit everyday for a week to lose 1 lb of fat. Now that is real fat, not water weight, meal weight, or a big #2 weight 😉
- Losing about 1-2lbs of fat a week is pretty healthy and something you should strive for if you are looking to really drop the weight.
How Does Shakeology Fit Into All Of These?
Again simple math…
- Lets do this…. this can really vary, but let us look at an average lunch for most people going out to eat on lunch break.
- Sandwich 350 – 500 Calories
- Beverage.. soda, juice, coffee? 12 oz -20oz Can be anywhere from 140 – 400 calories “Diet drink? Ugh Please don’t, it is so bad for you!”
- Chips? Cookie? 150-300 Calories
- Again you can see how this varies, but on the low end you are looking at 640 calories and at the high end 1200 calories.
- Shakeology? “Using Chocolate” By Itself 160 calories… Add 1 banana and 1 tbsp peanut butter it brings the total to 360 calories for your new healthy lunch!
So now you are looking at 360 calories vs 640-1200 calories. Not only are you cutting out wasted calories, but you are getting a power packed super food shake that will give you energy and leave you feeling ready to go, not ready for a nap.
So simply replacing that lunch everyday with Shakeology is going to help you lose weight, feel great, and get the nutrients your body needs.
What do you think? I would love to hear your comments or questions below.