Bucket Brigade Tips
First off I know you love that professional image to the right! Ha I thought I took a better one of the bucket brigade are at MT Creek, but obviously not!
Anyways you know what the bucket brigade is because you are here looking for tips, but if you don't basically you carry a 5 gallon bucket full of rocks up and down a hill!
- You cannot carry it on your shoulder.
- If you spill rocks you need to put them back in the bucket.
- You can set the bucket down take breaks etc….
- There is no burpee penalty for this obstacle you have to finish it!
With that said, I normally do OK with this obstacle, but not sure what was different this last time, but it killed me. Seemed to really be tough for a lot of others as well.
Here are some tips I have picked up along the way that make it a bit easier, but in the end you really have to practice and see what kind of grips/strategies work for you. I have really long arms so I can hold it a lot different than some!
- Unless you are totally losing your grip never put the bucket down. Just think about how bad it will suck picking it back up!
- Instead… do this lunge trick. What I like to do is almost get in a lunge position and hold the bucket on my one leg. Give a 10 second rest then start up again. I just do that until I make it. BONUS TIP! On the downhill part you can do the same thing just make sure you turn around and face up hill doing it.
That is really it! Again best way to get better is to get a bucket and fill it with rocks and carry it around. Your neighbors will think you are completely sane!! 😉
Video coming soon!
About the Author
Jack of all trades... master of none! Father of 3 awesome boys, husband to 1 amazing wife! Obstacle racer, procrastinator, computer nerd, trying not to follow the herd!