Insanity P90X Hybrid
Awhile back for a 90 day challenge we had, I decided to do a P90X / Insanity hybrid. I go into more details below, but let me tell you… This combo is going to get your results! Results city as Tony Horton would say.
I dropped 20lbs of real fat at the end of this and never felt better. Check it out!
You can get this online now! Check out my review of Beachbody On Demand!
Insanity VS P90X
This is not about which workout is better. They are two of the best workouts you can do. If you do either one to completion your are going to have life changing results.
Benefits of Insanity
- Cardio to the MAX!
- Shorter Workouts
- Less time only 60 days vs 90 days
- 2 Phases of Workouts Regular & Max Workouts
- No weights needed. Only your body.
Benefits of P90X
- Put on Muscle lifting weights
- Wide Variety of Routines
- 90 Days of Life Transforming Workouts
- Get Stronger & Leaner
- You get to laugh with Tony Horton 😉
Like I said both workouts are superb and if you do either of them you are going to get results plain and simple.
How I would recommend Insanity or P90X to you?
Here is my take on things. If you are in somewhat decent shape and really just want quick workouts to shed the pounds then jump into Insanity. The workout times range from 35-55 minutes. If you are not in the best shape then I might say start out with P90X and for the simple reason that you are lifting some weights in the beginning so it is not like insanity where you are dripping sweat right from the warmup. P90x is a bit longer with workouts ranging from 60-90 minutes. Again either one will get you results.
So Why the Insanity / P90X Hybrid
I love both workouts. I have finished a full round of Insanity a few years back and got about a month into P90X and occasionally will do a week or two of P90X. I did Insanity first so when I started P90x the cardio workouts to me were not as intense as Insanity. I loved the weight lifting aspect of P90x and really felt stronger and harder doing them. So this time around I want the best of both worlds. I want the hard hitting weights of P90x with the INSANE cardio of the Insanity workout finished off with AB ripper X from P90X.[buyfromme]
Check out the Calendars below to see how I am going to work this. This is my basic road-map and it may very well change. If you look at the image to the right you can see my Beachbody Workout Arsenal, and my P90x/Insanity are not even there. So if a day comes where I am just not feeling a P90X or Insanity routine I may reach for some Les Mills Combat, Asylum 2, or even some P90X2, but for now I am sticking to the calendars below.
My Challenge Calendars – February, March, April
Click on them to make them bigger…[buyfromme]
What about Diet
Basically I am going to be eating a lot of veggies, meats, shakeology and some other supplements.
For the first month I really want to focus on giving my body what it needs since I am going to be working out really hard.
Breakfast 7am ish….
- Shakeology w/banana, scoop almond butter, ice and water blended
Mid Morning Snack 9:30am ish…
- 2 eggs or 2 chicken sausage, some kind of veggies… mushrooms, carrots, and half avocado
Pre Workout 11:15am ish…
- Beachbody Vanilla Protein Powder 1 Serving Learn More Click Here
Post Workout 1PM ish…
- P90x Peak Recovery Formula 1 Service Learn More Click Here
Lunch? Take the recovery formula, shower then I have this about 1:30PM ish..
- Gaspari Myofusion Cookies & Cream with 1 banana, ice, water, blended Learn More Click Here
Late Afternoon Snack 3:30Pm ish..
- 1 Chicken Breast – Some Veggies, Carrots, Mushrooms, Asparagus, whatever I have.
- 1 Cup Brewed Green Tea
Dinner 5:30-6PM Ish…
- Whatever my wonderful wife is cooking 😉
- If I feel hungry right after dinner I know I should not be so I try to chug a glass of water. I will usually snack on some carrots or raisans, cashews, or almonds. Couple handfuls of each.
Late Night – Before Bed 10 PMish…
- I have 1 scoop of the Gaspari Myofusion. This is a blend of protein and has casein as well so it digests slower to keep feeding my muscles through the night. Learn More
Vitamins & Other Supps
I basically take the Beachbody Core Nutrition Pack. I split the serving and take it with breakfast and dinner. This consists of a multivitamin, omega 3, and Calcium. Learn More Here
Again all of this is just a road map. It can and will change. The first month I just want to fuel myself. After I get through Feb I will prob switch things up a bit so stay tuned. In the last month I will try to get really lean so I will prob cut out some fruits later in the day, but I have to see how I am feeling and where I am at. It is good to have a roadmap to start with, just expect to take a different road here and there and don't get frustrated about it.
Anyways this was a long post. I hope it makes sense. I hope you get something out of it. I think it is a really overall great plan to get stronger and leaner.[buyfromme]
About the Author
Jack of all trades... master of none! Father of 3 awesome boys, husband to 1 amazing wife! Obstacle racer, procrastinator, computer nerd, trying not to follow the herd!